Doing a Food-Mood Journal: Cultivating Awareness


Original Post Date: April 23, 2013 by Jordan Hoffman

Food is the first to hurt and the first to help.
Fundamental to most everything I treat is how my patients care for themselves. In fact, the longer I am in clinical practice the more convinced I am that lifestyle will always offset even the best medical intervention. And what is often most within my patients’ control to change is how they choose to nourish their bodies. Unfortunately, there is so much conditioning and misinformation these days about food that a big part of my role in working with patients is to get back to basics and help them rediscover a deeper understanding and connection with their food. And the very first step in that process is doing a 7-day Food-Mood Journal to see where they are at with their choices and help them make connections between those choices and how they feel in their bodies.
Here is how it works. For 7 days, you write down:
• What you ate;
• When you ate;
• How you felt after you ate
Very often you will be able to look at your Food-Mood Journal and come to your own conclusions about adjustments you may need to make. But sometimes you’ll need a fresh pair of eyes. I’m happy to offer mine! Either as part of your overall treatment plan with me, including herbs and acupuncture, or on its own, I’d be happy to work with you and your food choices.

Be well!

Jordan Hoffman, L.Ac., Dipl. OM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acupuncture in the 21st Century

Ginger: Ancient Wisdom and Modern Pharmacology